Blogger Templates

Friday, October 26, 2012

Sketti Sauce

I have a secret, although you may have figured it out; I like really bad reality tv.  One of the newest TLC shows has caught my eye.  The show is a spin off from Toddlers and Tiaras. Yes, I mean Here Comes HOney Boo Boo. Have you seen this?  It is so disturbingly funny.

In one of the episodes, the mom is making spaghetti, or "sketti" as the family calls it.  As the "sketti" cooks she tells Honey Boo Boo (her youngest daughter and the pageant star) that she will be making the family's special "sketti" sauce.  With great shock and disgust I watch as the little girl pulls out a huge chunk of butter and a bottle of ketchup from the fridge.  Mom then takes the 2 items and mixes them in a bowl (that does not look microwave safe) and melts the mix together.  Yes, that's right; they put a ketchup/ butter mix on their spaghetti.

Needless to say, I had to share this information with my husband.  It is just not something you can keep to yourself.  Several days later we made a pasta recipe (it was good, you should try it).  My hubbie suggested  I grab the ketchup and butter to top some pasta.  Assuming he was joking, I laughed and went about my business feeding my daughter.  He stops and says, "I'm serious. I really want to know what it taste like."  So as he cooks our food I mix a small amount of butter and ketchup and prepare the "sketti" sauce.

 We pulled out just a bit of sauce. Let's face it, you know it is going to be gross.
I let my Hubbie smell it first.  Only fair since this was his idea.  He said it smelled like mac and cheese with ketchup on it (ewww). I think it smells like vinegar, but I can see where he is coming from.
So, he tasted it. Don't ask me why I tasted it too following the look on his face, but I did. It is incredibly disgusting.





 Yeah, that look pretty much explains it all. Props to you if you try it yourself after reading this.

A big thanks to TLC who has posted this particular scene on their youtube site. Enjoy!


UPDATE: 11/15/2012  TLC has added the "official" recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment